Wednesday, February 12, 2014

NEW TECHNOLOGY


NEW TECHNOLOGY

I just finished watching the youtube video about Twitter. I am learning how to tweet. Those of you who know how, should be warned that I am coming into a news feed near you, maybe today. I have resolved to tweet this morning so stand back.

In an attempt to learn about the new arena of social media, I have set up two blogs, one a website using wordpress and one using blogspot. I am moving onto a google+ account, and have to confess my ignorance about it, but won’t be dumb long. Getting more familiar with Facebook every day. The social network that will eventually win me is the one that will combine all of the social possibilities into one big linked center that hopefully will not be self-aware and take over.

So here is the question. What are we going to do with all of this linkedness and friendly following? Are we going to change the world now that we can talk to one another? We are at the tentative beginning stages and I am wondering. There are parts of my life that are so boring that someone would come and unplug my keyboard if I were to tweet, like, or share them. I promise. Come change me please.

When we get fully connected, I will wait for the moment when we link our electronic bits together and sing Cum Ba Ya in front of our bond fire screen savers.

2 comments:

  1. Here ya go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZo4besbcV0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fireplace screensaver. It even crackles to add to the ambiance.

    ReplyDelete