Wednesday, May 14, 2014

HEROINE'S WEAPONS


HEROINE'S WEAPONS

I am sitting here watching G I Joe: Retaliation. The hero formula for G I Joe is very familiar to everyone. The mythic reality of G I Joe comes from the reports of heros coming home from the second world war, action in Korea, or Hasbro Toys. These are the heros of my brothers, son and perhaps my grandson.

Where is my heroine? There were no women wearing capes at the bakeoffs or the fairs where the jellies were judged. We need a squad of women who do extraordinary things with special weapons. I’m going to give this some thought We've had the stories where the girls with bows save the world. This is a good start, but not enough. It needs more work. The guys get the cool toys and exploding thingys, all my grandma had was a wooden spoon and a whisk. Maybe she needs an apron that turns into a bullwhip, or the classic pearls that emit a paralyzing gas that makes people forget. I’ll be working on it.
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I know inside your swirling imagination you are going to come up with something fabulous like Grandma's secret whisk that imparts magical energies into every omelette it whips up giving temporary powers to those who eat at her table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there is an idea. Maybe we have to give her iron skillet some magic powers too. Perhaps she could throw it and have it bash the villains and come back to her hand, sort of a boomerang skillet. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good ideas here.

    Sunni
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete